Robbins Road Animal Clinic – Customer Service Representative (CSR), Full-Time
Position Overview –
The purpose of this position is to provide outstanding client service. The Customer Service Representative (CSR) answers the phone, differentiates between routine and emergency cases, schedules appointments, greets clients, admits and checks out patients, processes payments, manages financial information, and communicates information between clients and staff.
The CSR enjoys working with people and diverse clients and is caring, friendly, and efficient. Creates a warm and welcoming impression. Remains professional and courteous while handling multiple tasks with many interruptions.
Firmly believes in the quality of care provided and communicates this sense of assurance to clients. Understands our services and recommendations and clearly communicates them to clients.
Empathizes with clients and remains compassionate, well-mannered and remains calm and collected in the face of emergency situations. Ultimately, it is the CSR who creates a good first and last impression on our clients. The importance of this role cannot be over-emphasized.
Computer Use and Maintenance
Recordkeeping and Filing
Patient Admittance and Discharge
The perfect candidate will serve as a representative of the hospital, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration, and a positive attitude in all interactions with clients, patients, and other staff members.
· Education equivalent to the completion of the 12th grade.
· Knowledge of general office practices and procedures as well as computer and telephone skills.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
· Demonstrated ability to perform clerical work with speed and accuracy, use a multiple-line telephone system, and handle cash and other forms of payment.
· Experience assembling patient records, obtaining relevant information from clients, and accurately entering a variety of information in patient records.
· Ability to complete assigned tasks in the time allotted without direct supervision.
· Demonstrated ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
· A commitment to outstanding client service.
· Ability to lift objects weighing 40 pounds without assistance and objects weighing more than 40 pounds with assistance.
· Ability to stay on task and work energetically for entire shift, sometimes exceeding 10 hours per day.
· Preferred: Knowledge of veterinary medical terminology and procedures and general computer skills.
· Preferred: At least two years’ recent experience in an office, hospitality or medical environment
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Hospital Manager Betina Cochran at [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in Robbins Road Animal Clinic.